Feel better about your skin with microneedling anti-aging treatment in La Mesa
The complexion is one of the first things we notice in others as well as ourselves. Regardless of age, it is possible to feel less-than satisfied with the appearance of the skin, especially on the face where sun exposure and stress tend to be most noticeable. At Dr. J’s Elegant Reflections Med Spa, we offer several anti-aging treatments that help our clients from La Mesa and surrounding areas look and feel their best. We are pleased to have added the minimally-invasive, highly-effective microneedling technique to our menu of services.
Microneedling is not high-tech but it makes an enormous impact on the skin. We use the Eclipse MicroPen Elite system to address a number of dermatologic and cosmetic concerns, such as:
- Enlarged pores
- Rough, uneven texture
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damage
The Eclipse MicroPen Elite applies gentle enhancement to the skin without the need for invasive procedures or even injections. Essentially, this hand held device produces thousands of microscopic channels in the skin. The response to tiny wounds that you cannot even see is an influx of collagen and elastin, healing substance the body produces to repair damage to tissues near the surface of the skin. Most of our clients understand that collagen and elastin are vital ingredients to youthful, vibrant looking skin. As they are more readily produced after microneedling, a smoothing effect can be noticed.
Early microneedling treatments involved rolling a microneedle “ball” over the skin. This roller contained hundreds of points that would penetrate the skin. Not only is the manual performance of microneedling less comfortable, it also has a fair amount of risk. Depending on the technician, this method may lead to “trenches” rather than tiny microchannels in the skin, causing damage to top level cells. The Eclipse MicroPen Elite uses the latest technology. With a few passes over the skin, treatment is gently and safely completed.
During your consultation with one of our experienced staff, you will be provided with the details of treatment, including pre-and post-session recommendations. These may include:
- Practice sun safety and avoid tanning of any kind for a few days prior to treatment.
- Avoid products that contain retinol for 12 hours prior to your visit.
- Stop the consumption of fish oil supplements ten days before your microneedling treatment.
- Do not take aspirin or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID)medication for ten days leading up to treatment
- Wait two or three days before resuming strenuous physical activity.
- Wait several days before applying alpha or beta hydroxy acid, retinol, or vitamin C to the skin.
- Practice sun safety for several days, avoiding tanning of any kind.
- Results of microneedling treatment can be extended with an adequate skin care regimen that includes broad spectrum sunscreen.
Does your skin need some love? Contact Dr. J’s Med Spa in La Mesa to schedule your consultation for anti-aging treatment designed just for you.